Fiber Cement Siding from Superior Products Colorado
Denver-based Superior Products Colorado offers many different options for fiber cement siding. In our opinion, fiber cement siding is a great choice for home siding in Colorado. Why? Fiber cement siding withstands the high concentration of UV rays at this altitude. It also handles the big temperature swings from Colorado’s freeze-thaw cycles, along with high winds and hail. After concrete, stone, and brick, fiber cement is the next most durable product for exterior siding.
What Is Fiber Cement Siding?
First patented in Austria in 1901, fiber cement has come into its own as the siding of choice for many homeowners, and for many reasons. Fiber cement siding is a “composite” building material made of sand, cement, and either cellulose fibers or fly ash. It’s heavier than wood, but nicely imitates the look of wood.
Fiber cement siding most often consists of overlapping horizontal boards that resemble wood lap siding, clapboard siding, and shingles. Along with sheets, fiber cement siding is manufactured in designer shapes (octagon, shingles, half-rounds) and panels for decorative accents. Fiber cement also is commonly used as soffit and fascia replacement and overlay. Fiber cement can be semi-transparent stained (12-year warranty), or painted before or after installation.
What Are the Benefits of Fiber Cement Siding?
The many benefits of fiber cement siding have made it a popular choice for homeowners in Colorado. Here’s a quick look at why fiber cement siding is in high demand:
- Durability: Fiber cement can handle Colorado’s challenging climate and weather changes.
- Beauty: Fiber cement comes in many styles and colors, and mimics the look and feel of natural wood.
- Low Maintenance: Once you install fiber cement, it takes very little time, effort, and cost to maintain it.
- Avoids Problems Typical of Real Wood Siding: Fiber cement is resistant to insects, mold, rot, and pesky wood peckers.
- Impressive Warranties: Because of its durability, fiber cement siding offers warranties ranging from 30-year warranties to lifetime warranties.
- Energy Efficiency: Insulation is recommended with fiber cement. When paired with insulation underneath, fiber cement siding can significantly improve a home’s energy efficiency
- Fire Resistance: Many manufacturers make fiber cement siding that is Class 1 Fire Rated.Fiber cement siding is a non-combustible material that’s a particularly good choice for areas prone to wildfires. In some instances, where wildfires have blazed through an area, the only homes that made it through were those with fiber cement siding.
Fiber Cement Siding Products We Carry
Superior Products is one of the few siding contractors in metro Denver that has installed fiber cement products from all four fiber cement manufacturers. We carry fiber cement products from the following manufacturerers:
- James Hardie