The Pros of LP SmartSide Engineered Wood Siding
Earlier this month, we introduced LP SmartSide, also known as engineered wood siding, and talked about five reasons homeowners should consider this siding product for their home. Since there are so many positive attributes to this type of siding, we’re covering the top 4 Pros of LP SmartSide. Here’s a quick look at the top 4 “pro’s” of engineered wood siding:
LP SmartSide = Great Aesthetics
Engineered wood LP Smart Siding offers great aesthetics and curb appeal for four main reasons:
- The manufacturing process generates a natural wood grain that looks very real and natural.
- The manufacturing process also results in layering deeper, stronger color into the boards during the priming process.
- The availability of longer lengths of engineered wood siding lap boards (16 feet) means less seams and a great “clean” look.
- There’s very little salt in engineered wood siding, so there’s not much salt to migrate out to the surface of the siding, which helps keeps the color bright and brilliant.
LP SmartSide = Faster, Easier Installation
Time is money when it comes to home remodeling, so the faster, easier installation of engineered wood siding typically results in lower installation costs than some other types of siding. Here’s why engineered wood siding is faster and easier to install:
- The lighter weight of the product makes it easier for construction crews to handle.
Longer lap boards and fewer seams means less cuts and faster installation.
Availability of 16-foot trim pieces in engineered wood also makes for a faster installation.
Engineered wood siding can be bent (to a certain degree) without breaking.
No special tools are required to install engineered wood siding.
LP SmartSide = Long-lasting, Durable Home Siding
Engineered wood siding from LP SmartSide lasts and lasts. Here’s why:
- LP Smart Siding has zinc borates added during the manufacturing process so it permeates throughout the product – thus inhibiting wood-boring insects including really aggressive Formosan termites and helping to prevent mildew.
- LP SmartSide engineered wood siding is manufactured in a “pressing” process that makes the combination of wood and resin very dense. The dense nature of this product inhibits water infiltration as well as insects.
- Engineered wood siding is impact resistant, which helps it withstand Colorado’s “Hail-ageddon” summer storms when huge hail stones rain down in a fast, vicious storm cycle and leave millions of dollars of damage to homes and cars in 20 minutes flat.
LP SmartSide = 50-year Warranty
Let’s face it: There aren’t many siding products that come with a 50-year warranty. LP Smart Siding has a 50-year warranty on all products and doesn’t pro-rate until after the fifth year. The first five years are covered by complete replacement cost (including labor and materials).
There are many reasons why Colorado homeowners should consider LP Smart Siding when they are considering an exterior remodel of their home. The best advice is: a) Determine your budget, desired aesthetic, and functional needs; b) Do your homework; and c) Consult with reputable home siding contractors, too!
You can access even more information about Engineered Wood Siding.
If you’re considering new home siding, call 303.347.2555, or Email Superior Products Colorado to schedule a free, in-home consultation.