Mountain Modern Exterior Remodeling Project
2010 Colorado Awards for Remodeling Excellence (CARE)
2nd Place Award Winner: Mountain Modern Home Renovation
This contemporary split level’s cedar siding & shake roof had significant deterioration. The substrate had badly deteriorated; wood was warped, cracked, and curling. The deck staircase design caused guests to try to enter at the wrong door. Two separate decks limited access to views.
Re-side and re-roof the home; add new windows; reduce maintenance needs; direct guests to the main upper level entrance; create more outdoor living space.
- Superior Products tore off the wooden siding, and installed sheathing insulation, followed by an overlay of a moisture and air infiltration barrier wrap.
- They installed fiber cement siding, and painted it.
- The wood shake roof was replaced with a stone-coated steel roof.
- Superior Products also designed a composite deck and rail system which created a more obvious pathway to the main entrance, and connected two separate decks, providing more outdoor space and better city views.
- The deck features built-in seating with lumbar support & storage, and new lighting.
This dramatic contemporary home now features an updated, maintenance free exterior, considerably more outdoor living space, and a more cohesive design.